Sunday, May 11, 2008

SPORTS: Sportsmanship! And I've Got the Proof

I wrote about act of sportsmanship displayed in a university girls' softball game last week. The story brought tears to my eyes when I first read it. Turns out ESPN also heard about the story AND has video of the incredible act of sportsmanship.

Take six minutes out of your life when you feel really p.o.'d at the world, thinking it's full of the worst kind of slimy humanity you thought you'd ever come across. Then watch this video (who knows how long it will be there, but at least I've tried).

Home Run Hitter finishes her trip around the bases.

Turns out, it's available on YouTube also.

The parents, teachers and coaches of Mallory Holtman and Liz Wallace should be proud of themselves for whatever part they played in raising two such amazing women. And to Sara Tucholsky, you have lots to be proud of too.

No comments: