Monday, January 12, 2009

FOOTBALL: Really Thought It Would Be Chargers-Eagles

I'm not a huge football fan. I won the roto league both years we did one, but it was more inertia than anything else. That, and picking LaDainian Tomlinson each year. But I digress.

Thought I had a real Wild Card chance at winning the NFL playoff pool, since I loaded up on Chargers and Eagles. The Eagles are still alive and surely the miracle Arizona Cardinal run will come to an end at the raptors of the pigskin's hands. So, that part of the parley looks good. Unfortunately, Ben Roethlisberger turned out NOT to be so concussed as to not show up against San Diego. So it'll be Steelers-Ravens and who in their right mind can cheer for that thug Ray Lewis and his teammates. Not I. So it will be a battle of Pennsylvannia come Super Bowl Whatever Number It Is. Not up there with Manning vs. Manning. But good enough.

Maybe Andy Reid will have something good happen to him afterall.

No comments: