Monday, September 19, 2011

SPORTS: Hey Morons, Unaswered IS In Dictionaries

Several times this weekend, both on-air in the game and on wrap-up shows, I heard announcers say that the Buffalo Bills scored 21 unanswered points yada yada. Invariably they then said "Oakland scored ..."

Now, I'm a little testy about this kind of thing. But c'mon! Unanswered means NO ANSWER. Saying the other team scored with your next breathe, proving it's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it, really is infuriating. Idiots.

And what to think of the writer for sportsnet.ca who, 24 hours later and with an editor presumable available, then repeats the same bleepin' mistake? Idiots all. It's lazy thinking.

By the way, the phrase all these morons were looking for was 21 STRAIGHT points!!

You want unanswered? I'll give you unaswered. This is my 250th unanswered blog in a row. THAT's unanswered! What, I had a blog comment last month?

Never mind.

No comments: