Thursday, January 14, 2010

SPORTS: Feschuck On the Turk

Usually, Dave Feschuk and Hedo Turkoglu irritate me. Feschuk because he's seems to be the unhappiest sports reporter I've ever read. And no, I've never talked to the man in person, ever. All I know is through his writing, which is forever gloomy. And Turkoglu, as we all now, is the underperforming Toronto Raptor small forward with the big contract.

I could write lots about Turkoglu, but Feschuk has used his gloomy force for good, detailing almost EXACTLY what I dislike about Turkoglu's approach to business here north of the border. Since he says it so well at the Toronto Star sports site, why bother repeating it? Worth a read.

About the only thing I would add is that I bet the Raptors' management would love it, if those pizza ads with the laconic Turk stretched out on a coach scarfing down pizza and pop could get pulled. It can't help that Hedo's shown mindlessly saying 'Yes, coach' as whatever Jay Triano is saying to him goes in one ear and out the other. Not a good image. And one that's too close to the truth for comfort.

Or so I've been told.

No comments: