Saturday, February 28, 2009

MOVIES: My 20th-Century Favourites, ALL in March

February went reasonably well, so we are going to try another review month in March. My Favourite 20th-Century Movies. For those of you who can't remember last week, it might make a good starting list for visiting the video store. For other's, it might be possible to remember a different time, when watching movies meant going to movie theatres and enjoying movie magic, sitting in the dark, and without those annoying twits with telephones ruining the experience completely.

Here's a list of movies I love, but that DID NOT MAKE THE LIST, which will be run out, one a day:

The 500-Pound Jerk (TV), Against All Flags!, Airplane I, An American Werewolf in London, Back to the Future I, Back to the Future III, Bad News Bears I (The original), Bang the Drum Slowly, The Big Chill, Brian's Song (TV), Bull Durham, China Syndrome, Continental Divide, Creator, Crocodile Dundee I, Donovan's Reef.

Fame, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Father Goose, Five Weeks in a Balloon, The Flim-Flam Man, The Fugitive, Grease I, The Grifters, The Incredible Mr. Limpet, Irma La Douce, Jewel of the Nile, Klute, The Lion King, The Magnificent Seven Ride!, My Bodyguard, Mysterious Island.

The Never-Ending Story I, Night Shift, Presidio, The Princess Bride, Return of the Killer Tomatoes!, Ruthless People, Stalag 17, Stripes, The Three Muskateers (Raquel Welch's 1973 version), To Sir With Love, Used Cars, Way...Way Out!

Interesting group, don't you think. There's some pure schmaltz there. A hint, some of them have ladies I lusted after. But everyone of them are good movies worth watching if you fit the age recommendations. Of the 44 movies above, the one that came closest to making the list and should be the 32 most favourite movie on my list was Brian's Song, one of the two TV movies on the list.

Starting tomorrow, I'll be taking my list from #31 (Genghis Khan) right up to my favourite movie of all time on the last day of March.

No comments: