Monday, March 17, 2008

SPORTS: THE Bracket Winners

Okay. Work, family situations and sheer tiredness means I'm giving short shrift to the deep analysis of this year's NCAA Men's Basketball Championships brackets released Sunday night.

Last I reported, I wanted Kansas to win, but had to predict AGAINST them to see the Jayhawks emerge victorious. I had UCLA beating Tennessee in the final, with Kansas and USC making up the rest of the final four. That can't happen now, cuz Kansas and USC will meet in the Midwest regional final. Oh well.

So, here's the gut prediction (and I won't have time to do much more this year). UCLA beats Xavier to win the West, and then beats Texas, who will beat Memphis in the South final. I know that goes against my prior prediction that Memphis will lose in an odd round, but I don't see anybody doing it before then.

On the other side, Tennessee (bet you can guess where I am going), will dunkirk North Carolina's title dreams in the regional final, setting up the match with Kansas, who will beat USC.

In San Antonio, Tennessee ends Kansas hopes (fingers crossed, or are they UNcrossed. Hmmmmmm). UCLA then turns Texas's dream of having one Big 12 team in the final into a nightmare. And there we have it. UCLA beats Tennessee 82-77 to win it all.

You're welcome.

No comments: